Providing a Full Spectrum of Life's Possibilities!
Full Spectrum Farms, a thirty-four acre farm in Western North Carolina, is a non-profit organization that serves adults with autism spectrum disorder. In this beautiful, pastoral scene, our farmers live, work, and become a functioning part of the larger community.
- as a DAYTIME SERVICE/DAY PROGRAM Full Spectrum Farms provides a special model for autism services as a sensory-sensitive, holistic environment with work centering on organic farming and natural craft products.
- The Farm will help people with autism develop lifelong learning and living skills through cottage industries such as woodworking, pottery, and weaving as well as growing and selling organic produce and bedding plants. Such working and learning endeavors will provide an opportunity for persons with autism to help support their communities and themselves.
Full Spectrum Farms was started as a day program where adults with ASD could enjoy social time, arts, crafts, gardening, and other projects and events. Full Spectrum Farms provides individuals with ASD the chance to interact and try new things in a safe and nurturing environment, encouraging social interaction and community involvement. The Farm also provides individuals with ASD a chance to interact with each other and to continue to be involved in a group setting even after school.
Our future goals include building homes on our Farm along with a community building and craft space so that we can become a residential facility for individuals with ASD. Our facility would include a full-time caretaker so that our residents can live in safe, healthy independence as they interact with the community, each other, and our Full Spectrum Farms volunteers.
To Volunteer, it works in 3 easy steps:
1) Click this button to see our Sign-Up on VolunteerSpot
2) Review the options listed and choose the spot(s) you like.
3) Sign up! It’s Easy – you will NOT need to register an account or keep a password on VolunteerSpot.
A lot of hard work and many resources are needed to maintain and run a farm. You can help though without even getting your hands dirty.